Friday, February 10, 2012

Welcome! You're only about eleven years late.

So I've finally entered the blogosphere. A billion years after everyone else did, but, whatever.

It's been a long time coming, this. I've thought about setting up one of these things for a very long time now. Something always got in the way - either I was busy working, or busy mumming, or I fell at the last hurdle as a result of crippling social e-anxiety... "But nobody will reeeeead it... they might not liiiike me..."

Anyway, I had an intensely boring bout of insomnia the other night while every other person in my family slept soundly in the very same room as me. My husband falls asleep in about a nanosecond every night, so he was happily snoring away. Goldilocks (she's two) goes through phases of sleeping in our bed, so she was curled up sleeping in the crook of his arm with her feet in my face. Mighty Mouse (7 months) was in his cot next to my side of the bed, and as peaceful as the cliche - for once in his life.

And I couldn't sleep. So here we are.

I am interested to see what shape this blog will take. I love to write; but with a two year old and a baby, almost never have the time. Perhaps this will give me a venue for it. Maybe I'll talk about some of my passions... Christianity, or mothering, or education. Maybe it will be a storage bin for anecdotes that I can drag out to embarrass my children with. Or perhaps it will turn into a hum-drum diary of my life that only I will ever be interested to read. All worthy candidates. Whatever the audience, whatever the purpose, I'm keen to see where we end up.

No comments:

Post a Comment